National Anthem Contest
The Omaha Equestrian Foundation is looking for talented high school soloists, duets, and choir groups to enter the National Anthem Contest for the opportunity to perform at the opening ceremonies of the International Omaha on Saturday April 11. The winning act will receive a $1,000 prize.
ENTERING IS EASY!
1. Individuals and groups should video your acapella rendition of the National Anthem (with no voice enhancements or background music). Studio quality recordings are not necessary and only students in good standing at their schools can apply.
2. Upload your video to YouTube (dvd and flash drive recordings also accepted by mail with written entry form that contains entrant’s name, email, phone and school mailed to OEF, 1004 Farnam St, Suite 100, Omaha, NE 68102).
3. Submit your entry online at InternationalOmaha.com under the “Community” tab (complete rules below)
4. Entries must be submitted with music files/video by February 28, 2020.
Call 402-930-3070 or email us at
• Entries must be accompanied by a video link (YouTube with URL) with one acapella rendition of the national anthem (with no voice enhancements or background music) via online entry at InternationalOmaha.com or by mailing a dvd or flash drive containing the entrant’s name, email, phone and school with the video to: OEF Anthem Contest, 1004 Farnam St, Suite 100 , Omaha, NE 68102. Studio quality recordings are not necessary and only students in good standing at their schools can apply.
• Entries must be completed and music files/video must be submitted by February 28, 2019. No late entries will be accepted. Following the entry deadline, a panel of judges will review all of the submissions. All applicants will be notified of their status by email.
• Entrants will be judged on several criteria, including lyrical accuracy, voice quality, voice projection, pitch, presentation and overall performance quality.
• No music sheets or lyrics sheets will be allowed for the performance.
• The selected finalist(s) will be responsible for their own transportation, food and lodging and all expenses related to their performance.
• The selected finalist(s) must be able to attend an evening rehearsal and perform at the International Omaha event during the week of April 4-7, 2019 at CHI Health Center Omaha at 455 N. 10th Street, Omaha, NE 68154. Exact times and dates to be determined at a later date.
• If a soloist is chosen, they will receive a $1,000 scholarship to any college of their choice. If a choir group is chosen, they will receive a $1,000 gift to their school’s music department. Unfortunately, if the guidelines listed above are not followed completely, the applicant will be automatically disqualified.
*I understand the rules of the National Anthem Contest and agree to them individually and in their entirety. By entering this contest, I give the Omaha Equestrian Foundation and media partners permission to use my name and image in the National Anthem promotional media, marketing and productions.